My name is Jennifer Koshak and I’m a pre-60 baby boomer. You should know that I’m willing to enjoy chocolate (see below to find out why,) practice some yoga, have some fun and explore new places and new things in my next 50 years.
- I met my husband on eHarmony. Yes, it really works.
- I started my first blog in 2009 and wrote a couple of posts. Then freaked that people might actually read it and I deleted the whole thing. (I’m trying to move past that fear of sharing myself!)
- My favorite color is yellow, but it looks awful on me, so I painted my living room a sunset yellow instead.
- I’m allergic to cats, which means I only had two and I miss them.
- My husband is a chef and a chocolatier. This can be both dangerous and so delicious!
- My husband and I recently down-sized (and need to do some more!) It’s preparation for moving south or maybe starting an RV lifestyle across the country. Haven’t decided yet. In the meantime, we’ve moved in with my 98-year-old Mother in order to help take care of her.
- I became a Yoga Teacher in my 40’s and taught for 10 years. I feel that laughter is a necessity in life and especially in a yoga class. I used to quote Mel Brooks movies while teaching—-the concept of Be Here Now can totally be found in Spaceballs!
I chose the title Unfold and Begin as a way to remind us all that we need to open up and share ourselves, try new things and embrace life. I write mostly about creativity, trying new things, goal setting and vision boards. But don’t hold me to these themes! I’ve been known go wild and share what’s going on in my life and things that interest me. (What interests me? Books, food, travel, my family. Did I say books? How about travel?)
You’re in the right place if you want some inspiration, some encouragement, and some straight talk. (Can’t help it, that was my management style, ask any former employee or Supervisor who reported to me.) Makes you wonder how a straight-talking Tech Manager became a Mel Brooks quoting yoga teacher. Makes me wonder too!
I highly recommend signing up for my FREE mini-course on goal-setting and Vision Boards.
How To Read This Blog
Monday – This post is usually about my main topics of creativity, new things or vision boards. Although, I do reserve the right to write about anything that comes up.
Wednesday – These posts are special Wednesday Whoa posts. Usually, it starts with a quote that fits the theme of the previous Monday post. The title Wednesday Whoa originated because as someone who was born on a Wednesday, I never liked being associated with Woe. I much prefer Whoa (especially when uttered by Keanu Reeves.)
Friday – Creativity Prompts. These can be in the form of a picture, a quote, lines from movies or even first or last lines from books. I call them creativity prompts because I don’t feel these are just for writers. I think any artist can look at the prompt and be inspired.